Greg has invested in numerous well-known restaurants. His keen eye for that magic spark and his love for restaurants and the future the industry drive his success. In this episode, we unpack the details of what he sees for the future and what gets his attention when it comes to evaluating opportunities.
In my chat with Greg, we unpack the launch of Tastemaker Acquisition and the interconnectivity of technology and behavior. We dive deep into the impact of technology on the industry and how pandemic accelerated adoption and behavioral shifts and so much more:
- The shortcoming of tacking on marketing features poorly. Letting bakers bake the bread.
- Stepping away from Cookies and traceability. How do we connect with people.
- The value exchange for knowing customers’ behaviors and likes.
- Discussed KitchenFund’s portfolio and lack of Full Service.
- The importance of the goodbye. Discussing how to give excellent experiences and working backward from the time when someone leaves. Collaborating between operations, marketing, and other stakeholders.
- Patron’s perceptual layer and their desired values and optics.